Pages

Monday, March 05, 2012

Simple

Audrey had a stomach virus last week and she was fascinated when I called it a stomach bug. She wanted to know how the bug got in there and after she threw up for what seemed like the hundredth time she weakly asked if the bug was out yet. I am so glad that she is back to her normal talkative energetic self.

I'm going to preface what I say next by saying I hate it when my kid is sick and I feel so bad for her when she is sick. But while she is sick, and as long as there is no reason to worry about it being something serious, it is nice that for a while her needs are so simple. All she wants is to sleep, drink something cold and cuddle.

Parenting can be so complicated sometimes that having a time when it is easy to meet her needs can be refreshing. Since I don't have anyone else to take care of, other than the dog, I spent two days in bed with Audrey making sure her fever stayed down, bringing her cold things to drink and doing lots of cuddling. While I hope that Audrey stays healthy for a long time, it was nice to set the real world aside and be able to focus only on her.

Does anyone else feel like this or should I just feel guilty? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment